Have you ever slept 7+ hours but still felt Exhausted?
While sleeping is physical rest, you actually need 7 types of rest to avoid burnout.
So, stay at your best with these 7 types of rest.
1. Physical Rest
Lack of sleep and overtraining deplete your body's energy.
Get two types of physical rest, i.e., passive and active.
- Sleep 7+ hours nightly
- Take power naps (as needed)
- Get a message
- Use an ergonomic chair + desk
2. Mental Rest
Mental rest deficit is caused by overtaxing your thinking.
- Write down your to-dos
- Reference checklists (packing, groceries, etc.)
- Create a shutdown ritual to separate work and life.
- Take a break from problem-solving.
3. Social Rest
Evaluate your relationships.
- Spend more time with people who give you energy.
- Spend less time with people who steal your energy.
- If you're an introvert, block out time to be alone.
4. Spiritual Rest
Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Work a job that feels purpose-driven
- Participate in faith-based activities (if aligned to your belief system).
5. Sensory Rest
The modern individual is overstimulated.
- Take a break from social media
- Turn off notifications (sounds and visual alerts)
- Limit video meetings
- Set a relaxing evening ambiance (soothing music, candles etc.)
6. Emotional Rest
Emotional rest deficit occurs when you feel like you can't be authentic.
An airline attendant who must always smile, despite rude passengers.
- Spend time with people you can be authentic around
- Try speaking with a therapist to release emotional labor
7. Creative Rest
Appreciate beauty in any form, whether natural or human-created.
- Take in a sunrise or sunset
- Go for a walk in the nature
- Visit a museum or art festival
- Engage with inspiring music, books, documentaries etc.
Now, Go Quiet and Start Building Yourself.
Keep Learning at LTY (Learn That Yourself).