14 Psychology tricks you must learn to control any situation
1. When someone answers your questions partially, wait. Don't interrupt. Chances are high that they will complete the answer when you say nothing.
2. When you want to get something from someone, frame it as an offer or opportunity instead of a request. Anyone will be ready to accept an offer or opportunity.
3. When you meet people, notice their eye color while you smile at them. Don't mention anything about it. It's a good way to make sure that you really look them in the eyes.
4. A person's name is the sweetest sound in the world to that person. To make a person feel very special, remember and repeat their name.
5. Have zero expectations when you are first trying something new, it prevents disappointment.
6. To judge a person's character, notice the way they treat people - who can't do anything for them.
7. After you state your position in a negotiation. Wait for a while. If you continue to speak, you are not speaking in your favor.
8. Chewing gum while doing nerve-racking things calm your brain.
9. When you are learning something, teach someone about it. You will remember it easily and explore more in the process of teaching.
10. Most people's favorite subject to talk about is themselves. If you don't know what to talk about or have awkward silence, just ask them questions.
11. Emotional expression causes emotion. If you force yourself to smile, your mood will actually improve.
12. Stand up straight. It makes you look more confident, and you will actually feel more confident.
13. With kids, frame things in a way that always give them a choice. It makes them feel like they are in control. For e.g., "Do you want to wear red shirt or blue shirt?" Either way, they know it's time to put on a shirt.
14. When asking for favors use the word 'because'. No matter how simple the reason. The word 'because' makes them think it must be okay because there is a reason.
Now, Go Quiet and Start Building Yourself.
Keep Learning at LTY (Learn That Yourself).